I’ve been writing Chatters now for over a year, asking you about your process and your favorite books and methods as a writer, but how much have we talked about outside of what kind of writer you are?
Today, tell me about you. In 5 to 20 randomly chosen factoids, tell me who you are. What makes you tick? What inspires you? Heck, what’s your favorite kind of pizza?
We’re here to write, yes. But above the call to write and read and vote, we are here to be a community and to support one another, helping both ourselves and our fellows to grow and evolve as writers and as people. So, let’s figure each other out. Me first.
1. I would buy only Chuck Taylor Converse All Stars if they’d wise up and make me a Chuck for every occasion. For boots, I go Doc Marten.
2. I work in parking, but I don’t drive.
3. I live with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, and it makes me genuinely insane when people tell me that can’t be true because I also happen to be a slob.
4. I joined Brigit’s Flame in 2009. My first entry was for the prompt ‘Reap’.
5. My dream car is a 1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with the Jurassic Park emblem printed on the doors.
6. I have four rats, all named after deities from Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
7. My favorite holiday is Halloween. It’s the only one that doesn’t drive me up the wall.
8. I’m afraid to get a tattoo, but I have likely 90 ideas.
9. The upper management at my place of business literally print gold stars for me when I’m gone above and beyond. They only do it for me.
10. I have recently developed a deep jealousy driven hatred for Veronica Roth.
Topic Time — follow your instinct. Will you choose Fight or Flight?
For your enjoyment, The Mysterious Reading List & Voting Poll is enclosed.