Itching to write? Sounds like you need a hero.
– – – – – – – –
I’ve had an idea, and I’m looking for volunteers to give it a first run. Here’s the gist!:
● A group of participants form a team and swap email addresses.
● Taking turns, each participant writes one page of content (the group having agreed upon a font and pt. value), and emails it to the group.
● The group follows along, taking turns contributing to the story.
● Team members can “pass”, or submit less than a page when experiencing a rough patch of inspiration.
● Team chat is encouraged and suggested, to keep the vision consistent and aim for a shared end goal.
Obviously there are nuts and bolts, but this is my general rubric. We could draw names to form teams, or we can choose one another ourselves. We can do drawings for themes or titles or synopses — the options are definitely vast.
The idea is to take turns until a team has generated a full story, preferably a short one, after which either the team or a designated editor can smooth it out and present it to the community for sharing and feedback! Woo!
I open the floor now to ideas, questions, and comments. I have ideas in mind, but I want to give you guys a chance first.
If we’re successful, we can call this a mini contest someday and pit teams against each other with deadlines and prizes!